Sringeri taluk office phone number, address, email



» My India » States » Districts » Taluks »

Add your taluk or city to our database and earn revenue from Advertisements !
If your taluk/city/village is not listed in our database, you may add it now and optionally become a local editor for your taluk. Add your taluk now or learn more about revenue sharing.
You may use this option to provide us additional information about this Taluk or tell us about any wrong/mis leading information here. You will be given Points And/Or Cash credits for your contribution. Also, you can earn Google AdSense revenue share for a period of 1 year.

Sringeri Taluk (Chikmagalur District, Karnataka)


Posted Date: 12 Jan 2009      Posted By: Tony John    Member Level: Diamond  Points: 0

District: Chikmagalur
State: Karnataka
Taluk Office:
Telephone Number:
Email:
Address:

Other taluks in Chikmagalur district:

  • Koppa
  • Sringeri
  • Narasimharajapura
  • Tarikere
  • Kadur
  • Chikmagalur
  • Mudigere
  • Srineri
  • Mudigee
  • Tarikee
  • View all taluks in Chikmagalur

    Cities & Villages in Sringeri
  • Begar
  • Gandaghatta
  • Halandur
  • Honnavalli
  • Kavadi
  • Kunchebyle
  • Masige
  • Melukoppa Begane
  • Nallur
  • Nemmar






  • Author: Ravi Shankar    06 Jan 2010       Member Level: Platinum   Points: 20 (₹ 20)
    About Sringeri

    Sringeri is located on the banks of the river Tunga, and this place is situated in Chikmagalur district, Sringeri is said to be the first place where Adi Shankaracharya established his first mutt, which is the symbol of Hindu theologian and epitome of Advaita Vedanta philosophy somewhere around 8th Century. Sringeri the name derived from two words ‘Rishyashringa' and ‘giri'

    Adi Shankaracharya the legend

    According to the historians Adi Shankaracharya selected this place to stay and spread his disciples, as according some stories when he was walking on the Tunga river, a cobra was seen with a raised hood which was providing shelter from the heat of the sun to a frog which was about to spawn, and at this place Shankaracharya stayed at this place.

    Sringeri – Demography

    Sringeri is situated at 13°25'N 75°15'E and has an average elevation of 2,204 ft above sea level.

    The total population according to Census reports of 2001, Sringeri had 4,253 out of which 52% constitutes males and the remaining 48% constitutes females, regarding literacy rates Sringeri had 83% which is higher than the national literacy rate out of which 86% constitutes male literacy and 79% is of female literacy and out of total population 8% belongs the 6 or less aged population.

    Sringeri – Other places of interest

    Sri Sharadamba Temple, Sri Vidyashankara Temple, Sringeri Sharada Peeta, Sri Vidya Teertha Setu across the Tunga river, Sri Shankara Temple at Sringeri, Zodiac Pillars, Horanadu Annapoorneshari Temple, Hariharapura, Kigga (Rishyashringa Temple), Agumbe (Venugopalaswami Temple & Sunset Spot), Kalasa ( Kalaseshwara Temple), Balehonnur - Rambapuri Matha, Koppa (Veerabhadra Swamy & Chittemakki Mallikarjuna Swamy temple), Agumbe, Jog Falls and Kuduremukh.

    There are numerous guest houses run by the administration of temple along with many private lodges are also available, the cost are very budgetary and economical.

    Best time to visit Sringeri is October to March, as this place is in Malnad region the rain is little heavier than other places.

    Sringeri - How to reach

    If one wants to reach this place by air then the nearest airport is at Mangalore, if one wants to travel by Rail then the nearest railway station is at Birur on the Bangalore - Pune railroad, by road Sringeri is well connected by a network of many roads. There are buses to Sringeri from Chikmagalur, Hassan, Shimoga, Birur, Agumbe, Mysore and Bangalore and also from other places in Karnataka.




    Looking for University or College admissions in India for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year?

    APPLY NOW
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Awards & Gifts

    Online Members

    Gunaselvi
    More...
     
    SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.