Tarikere taluk office phone number, address, email



» My India » States » Districts » Taluks »

Add your taluk or city to our database and earn revenue from Advertisements !
If your taluk/city/village is not listed in our database, you may add it now and optionally become a local editor for your taluk. Add your taluk now or learn more about revenue sharing.
You may use this option to provide us additional information about this Taluk or tell us about any wrong/mis leading information here. You will be given Points And/Or Cash credits for your contribution. Also, you can earn Google AdSense revenue share for a period of 1 year.

Tarikere Taluk (Chikmagalur District, Karnataka)


Posted Date: 12 Jan 2009      Posted By: Tony John    Member Level: Diamond  Points: 0

District: Chikmagalur
State: Karnataka
Taluk Office:
Telephone Number:
Email:
Address:

Other taluks in Chikmagalur district:

  • Koppa
  • Sringeri
  • Narasimharajapura
  • Tarikere
  • Kadur
  • Chikmagalur
  • Mudigere
  • Srineri
  • Mudigee
  • Tarikee
  • View all taluks in Chikmagalur

    Cities & Villages in Tarikere
  • Ajjampura Bazar
  • Amruthapura
  • Baggavalli
  • Baragenahalli
  • Belanahalli
  • Bettadahalli
  • Bhavikere
  • Bukkambudhi
  • Cheeranahalli
  • Chikkanavangala






  • Author: Ravi Shankar    13 Jan 2010       Member Level: Platinum   Points: 20 (₹ 20)
    Tarikere is one among the seven taluks in Chikmagalur district. ‘Tarikere' the name is derived as this place is surrounded by many tanks likes of Chikkere which in literal terms as small tank, Doddakere which is another name for a big tank and the names of other tanks are Dalavaikere and Ramanayakankere.

    How to reach


    Tarikere can be reached via road through the National Highway that is NH-206 which is a Bangalore-Honnavar highway which passes through town of Tarikere, it can be reached even through Lingadahalli, another well known hill station in Karnataka Kemmanagundi can also be reached through this road.

    This place is situated between Bangalore-Shimoga from the point of view of railway lines are concerned, plenty of trains ply from Mysore and Bangalore which will have a stop at Tarikere which is on the way to Shimoga.

    The nearest airports are Mangalore, Hubli and Bangalore.

    Geography and Demography


    This place is situated at 13°43'N 75°49'E, which has an average elevation of 698 meters or 2290 feet above the seal level, the Tarikere taluk is in the borders of Narasimharajapura towards its western side, Chikmagalur taluk towards its south west, Kadur taluk towards its south, Bhadravathi of Shimoga district towards its north and Hosadurga of Chitradurga on its east.

    Tarikere is located at 13°43'N 75°49'E / 13.72°N 75.82°E / 13.72; 75.82[1]. It has an average elevation of 698 metres (2290 feet). Tarikere taluk borders Narasimharajapura Taluk of Chickmagalur district to the west, Chickmagalur Taluk of Chickmagalur district to the south-west, Kadur taluk of Chickmagalur district to the south, Shimoga and Bhadravathi Taluks of Shimoga district to the north and Hosadurga taluk of Chitradurga district to the east. The following are the Hobli Headquarters within Tarikere Taluk

    The other hoblis of this taluk are Ajjampura, Amruthapura, Lakkavalli, Lingadahalli, Shivani.

    According to Census reports of 2001, this taluk have an population of 2,24,093, out of which 51% males and the remaining 49% is of female population, Tarikere has an average literacy rate of 68% which is much higher than the national literacy rate, male literacy rate is 73% and female literacy rate is 62%, out of the total population 11% consists of 6 years or less population.

    Economy and Business


    The one of the Navarathna ‘BEML, its subsidiary ‘Vigyan' is situated at this taluk, which manufactures steel castings and it is a major unit of BEML.

    Agriculture is the main and primary source of this taluk, the crops like betalnut, paddy, Ragi, arcanut, coffee, coconut, banana, pan leaves and corn are the important cash crops here.

    Other places of interest


    Kemmangundi is one of most famous hill station in the state which is situated at this taluk, other place of interest is Amruthapura where a very famous temple of Amrutheswara is situated which is said to constructed in the period of Hoysalas.

    A procession of Lord Subramanya and a car festival is organized here every year during the months of December and January which falls on Pushya Shudha Shasti, where this car festival attracts not only local people even people from other taluks and districts, another community ‘Kurubas' celebrate this car festival as 'Ammana Habba'.




    Looking for University or College admissions in India for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year?

    APPLY NOW
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Awards & Gifts
     
    SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.