There are many Indian and foreign universities offering Distance MBA programs. If you are looking for 2020 - 2021 MBA admissions, read the step by step instructions provided here.
Eligibility for Distance MBA
The eligibility criteria for Distance MBA is no different from the regular MBA programs offered by various universities. The primary difference from regular MBA courses and distance education programs is, the distance MBA allows you to continue your work or other studies and do MBA in parallel without leaving your other occupation. The eligibility criteria is pretty much the same.
While the eligibility for Distance MBA may vary from university to university, the general requirements followed by most universities are:
1. Graduate degree in any discipline. Some universities give weightage for BBA students but most institutes do not consider that as a factor.
2. Age: Most Distance MBA programs are open for students of all age groups. In fact, the Distance MBA programs are primarily for people who are employed and obviously, a lot of middle-aged people apply for this program.
3. Marks for Graduate Degree: Most universities consider the marks scored for the graduate program as a major eligibility factor for their distance MBA program.
4. Entrance Test & Interview Performance: All reputed institutes conduct their own eligibility test for their Distance MBA programs. For example, Sikkim Manipal University conducts a test called "SMU-DDE Management Aptitude Test* – (SMAT)" as the eligibility test.
5. Work Experience: Some Indian universities give weightage for work experience in the field of Management. If you do not have high scores in the eligibility test or graduate exams, then work experience in management field may help you secure admission for Distance MBA program for 2020 - 2021.
Check out the official website and prospectus of the university to learn more about their specific eligibility criteria for the Distance MBA program.