About Institute of Food and Dairy Technology
Institute of Food and Dairy Technology, Koduvalli, Chennai-52 is a unit of TANUVAS, located 27 km from Chennai Central Railway station and 9 km from Red hills on the Tiruvallur High Road, next to Alamathi Village. The total area of the campus is 82.12 acres and the building has 16,000 sq. feet ground floor and 16,000 sq. feet First floor, equipped with facilities for conducting training and practical classes and need based research programmes.
Objectives and Mandate
* To conduct training programme for farmers, housewives, small entrepreneurs and weaker section of the society in dairy and food processing.
* To organize and conduct need based training programme like food packaging, preservation technology and quality control in food products.
* To start diploma / degree course in dairy and food technology.
* To offer special training programme for individuals or groups on specific request.
* To undertake need based research and to solve the problems encountered by the farmers.
The institute is offering training courses of varied duration of 2, 3, 5 and 10 days on the preparation of milk products at free of cost and conducting need based research to solve the problems encountered by the farmers / entrepreneurs.
1. Developed a technology to produce antigen to metals (copper) for identification reactions.
2. Determined the concentration of lead in milk of buffaloes as 63.70 ng/ml > the MPL of 40 ng/ml.
3. Prepared cheese using active principles extracted from Calotropis gigantea and Streblus asper.
Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? Or, like to get any information removed?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).