|Fazl Ali College Mokokchung started in 1959 and is the oldest college in Nagaland. It got affiliated to Nagaland University and is a co-educational college. Initially, it was a private college and in 1962, it was taken over by the Nagaland government.|
Talking about its location, it is around 5 km from Mokokchung town and is surrounded by scenic natural beauty of the region.
Facilities Financial assistance is available for deserving students from financially weak background and those who are differently-abled. Apart from this, there are below-mentioned facilities available in the college.
- Hostels-The college has separate hostels for boys and girls. Nathan Memorial Boys hostel and Athena hostel for girls is for students enrolled in science stream courses. These hostels are spacious and have all the necessary facilities.
- Career guidance cell-This dynamic cell was started with an aim to provide proper guidance to the students related to their career. It also offers counselling whenever it is required. Apart from normal support, it also organizes various seminars and invites different speakers to interact with the students.
- Canteen-College has a canteen which offers hygienic food at reasonable rates for the students. Security people takes extra care to ensure that any kind of alcohol or intoxicating substances are not consumed in the campus.
- Postal services-The college building itself has a branch post office in it which offers various services like booking and delivery of letters, money orders, speed posts, collection of phone bills, etc. Postal stamps and Revenue stamps are also available here. Students can even open their savings or insurance accounts if they want.
- Computer and Network Resource center-The college has a computer lab for computer science students. A separate computer room is also available for all students and faculty.
Apart from this, the college also has a transport facility and has 3 buses to pick and drop the students from town. A Primary Health center is there having full-time nurses and attendants to help and attend any kind of emergency. The Union Church is also there located inside the campus and is ministered by the Church Chaplain.
Activities-The college also provides various activities like NCC, NSS, RRC, Mentorship Programme, etc. Both boys and girls can participate in these activities. In NCC, there are 55 boys and 50 girls cadets in the college who participate in many state-level events and even acquire ‘B' and ‘C' certificates.
In NSS, the college conducts different programs like seminars on career guidance, personality development, HIV/ AIDS awareness programs, etc. They also conduct competitions on district and state levels. RRC or Red Ribbon Cell is basically working for the AIDS awareness campaigning.