About Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute
Bangalore medical college was started as a private medical college by Mysore Education Society in the year 1955. Later it was handed over to the Karnataka Government and it Bangalore University affiliation. In 1996, Bangalore medical college got affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Currently, Bangalore medical college is known as Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute(BMCRI). It is ranked among the top ten Medical colleges in India. The college offers Undergraduate courses, Post Graduate courses and Super Speciality courses in Medical science. There are 4 hospitals attached with the college with a total bed strength of about 3000. The hospitals attached to the college are : Victoria Hospital, Vani Vilas Women & Children's Hospital, Minto Ophthalmic Hospital, Bowring & Lady Curzon Hospital.
Cardio Thorasic Surgery
P & SM
Skin & STD
Courses in Bangalore medical college
Under Graduate Course
Post Graduate Courses
MD Forensic Medicine
M.D General medicine
MD Preventive & Social Medicine
MD Radio Diagnosis
MD Obstretic & Gynaecology
MS General Surgery
Super Speciality Courses
MCH Plastic Surgery
MCH Paediatric Surgery
MCH Surgical Gastroenterology
In addition to these, there are many Diploma, Paramedical & Nursing courses are also offered by Bangalore medical college and Research Institute.
Admission in Bangalore medical college
85% of the MBBS seats are filled from the Karnataka Common Entrance Test & Aptitude Test (Karnataka CET) rank list and the remaining 15% from the All India Entrance rank list. For Post Graduation courses, 50% seats are filled from the rank list of entrance test by Rajiv Gandhi University for Health Sciences & 50% from the All India Entrance rank list. Entrance test is conducted by RGUHS for Super speciality courses.
The Digital Electronic library of Bangalore medical college and Research Institute is spread over 2,270 sq.ft. area. It has a rich collection of books needed for its Students & Staff. There are separate blocks for Text books, Reference, Audio video, Periodicals, Computer work station etc. Bangalore medical college and Research Institute is the only medical college connected to the National Medical Library, New Delhi through computer. There are facilities for recreational activities like Outdoor games, Indoor Games, Gymnasium etc. Bangalore medical college provides hostel facility for both Men & Women. The college give importance to cultural & sports activities also.
Bangalore medical college and Research Institute is located near the City market, Bangalore.
Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? Or, like to get any information removed?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).