Campus Representative of
(We do not have a campus rep for this college yet)
About Mahadevananda Mahavidyalaya
Mahadevananda Mahavidyalaya is a decent college situated on the bank of the river Ganga at Barrackpore. It was founded on 15th August 1968. It is a co-educational college that offers several Honours and General Courses in Science, Arts and Commerce Streams.
Besides a string of hand-picked faculty members, the college boasts of bountiful facilities like excellent library, state-of-the-art laboratories, computers with internet facilities, cheap store, canteen, NCC, NSS, various sports facilities, health service, museum, seminars etc.
The College has been duly accredited by NAAC at the B++ level.
AdmissionsThe candidates desiring to undergo UG courses (Honours or General) in Arts / Science / Commerce streams have to go to the college website and click on admissions under the item 'Student' in the main menu and click on the 'Admission form' and fill the same in details giving clearly the subjects to be chosen for the required UG course. Once this is done then they have to click on 'Admission entry' and fill in the details for fee payment. Admission to both Honours & General courses is made strictly on the basis of merit. Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by W.B. Council of H.S. Education or an equivalent examination conducted by any other Board / Council in India or abroad and recognised as such by the West Bengal State University are eligible to apply.
The candidates taking up admission in Honours Course in a subject must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination OR 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination OR
50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination provided all the other conditions are satisfied.
The aspirants for general UG degree courses should have 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Community taking up Honours Course of study must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate and 40% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination.
There is reservation in admissions for various reserved category candidates as S.C.-22% / S.T.- 6% / OBC A - 10% / OBC B - 7% / Physically Challenged - 3% in each of the Honours or General courses.
Following documents are necessary to be produced by the candidate at the time of document verification and admission -
1. Two sets of self-attested copies of Mark sheets of the previous qualifying examination plus original.
2. Two sets of self-attested copy of Admit Card in Madhyamik / Equivalent Examination for age proof plus original.
3. Original Transfer Certificate (TC).
4. Migration Certificate in original, if required.
5. Original Character Certificate / School Leaving Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
6. One Self-Attested copy of S.T. / S.C. / OBC / PH certificate for S.T. / S.C. / OBC / PH candidates plus original.
7. One self-attested address proof document (Aadhaar Card / Ration Card / Passport / Voter ID/ Driving License / Bank Passbook) plus original.
8. Four Passport size recent coloured photographs.
Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).