Campus Representative of
Budge Budge Institute of Technology
(We do not have a campus rep for this college yet)
About Budge Budge Institute of Technology
Budge Budge Institute of Technology is a premier enginnering college and affiliated with West Bengal University of Technology. It was established in the year 2008. It offers undergraduate technical courses such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics and electrical engineering, information technology and computer science & engineering. The institute also offers post graduate level programme Master of Business Administration in finance, system management and marketing management.
AffiliationsThe college is recognised by UGC and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is having NAAC accreditation with B+ grade. It is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) for MBA, B.Tech & M.Tech Programmes and is affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCTVESD) for its Polytechnic Programmes.
FacilitiesThe classrooms are having modern facilities like LCD Projector, Overhead Projector, Big-size Screen, Cordless Microphone with Amplifier and Speaker to facilitate the teaching process. There is plan to install interactive Electronic Boards in all the classrooms in near future. Uninterrupted power is made available 24 hours in the campus through power generator set.
There is one boy's and one girl's hostel on the college campus and has its own mess and food management system. Vegetarian and nonvegetarian both food types are available. The boy's hostel is having to share rooms for 2 students with an attached bath, and 3 and 6 students with a common bath. The rooms in the girl's hostel are shared by 2 with an attached bath while shared by 3 or 4 with a common bath. Each hostel is having its own guest room for the visit of the guardian or parents.
The college is having a canteen/cafeteria providing all the facilities for having tea, coffee, and snacks for the students and staff during their breaks. The prices are reasonable and administered by the college management.
There is a free health check-up facility on the college campus where part-time medical professionals visit and examine the students for any ailment or physical problem. The necessary medical facilities along with the nursing staff are available in this health clinic.
To encourage the students in various extracurricular activities the management organizes sports meets and cultural programs from time to time so that students can take participation in them and develop their other faculties also. Most of the indoor and outdoor game facilities are provided to the students.
The college has a training and placement cell that helps the students in applying for campus interviews and other jobs in the industry. It organizes from time to time special training programs imparted by the industry professionals in topics like English Communication, Group Discussion, and Personality Development areas. It also organizes visits of students to some industries for a few days for getting practical exposure. The college is having links with many organizations and companies which visit the college campus for selecting some of the students for their work and give them appropriate job positions. The training and placement cell also conducts pre-selection tests before the interview of the candidates by outside companies.
AdmissionsThe interested candidates can contact the college by clicking on the 'contact us' menu tab and getting the desired information about the admissions and other related matters. Those who want to apply for a specific course can fill out the online application form and submit it. Candidates should note that they should take utmost care in filling out the application form as all the data mentioned there will be verified during physical counseling for admission.
The eligibility criterion for various courses is as under -
- Polytechnic Programme: The candidate should have passed in class X from a recognised board with at least 35% marks in aggregate (without considering additional or optional subjects) or should have passed in 10+2 examination from the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (Vocational Education Division) or should have passed 2 year I.T.I. course at a stretch after Madhyamik or should have passed 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology subject from any recognized Board or should have passed 10+2 with Technical Vocational Subjects from any recognized Board.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.): The candidates should have acquired 45% marks in aggregate and also a minimum of 45% marks in each of the subjects - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, in their higher secondary or equivalent examination and should also have qualified in JEE (mains) examination.
Candidates having acquired an engineering diploma (having at least 45% marks, for reserved category 40%) or B.Sc. degree (having at least 45% marks, for reserved category 40%) from a recognized university are eligible for lateral admission in B.Tech. The selection would be carried out through the Lateral Entry Scheme (JELET) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Masters of Technology (M.Tech.): Admission to M.Tech. programs are done through the score obtained in GATE or state-level entrance examination like the P-GATE conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
- Management (MBA): Candidates applying for this course should have a graduation degree and should have qualified in MAT/CMAT/JEMAT examination. They will be selected through a Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
There are the following phone numbers for contacting the college for the specific course and also one general Whatsapp number -
1. General Whatsapp number: 9330060769
2. For MBA: 9007118943
3. For B.Tech: 7980208428/9830184251/8420123333
4. For Polytechnic: 9836888444
Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? Or, like to get any information removed?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).