Hygiene has become an important issue, especially in the industrial sectors. Separate departments are organized to look after the industrial hygiene and several people are recruited for the same. So it is comprehensible that industrial hygiene is a new and innovative field of career. This is a 1 year long postgraduate diploma course which is provided by many distance education institutes, for example, Annamalai University, Periyar Maniammai University, etc.
- To join this course, the eligibility is completion of a degree in Medical Science, that is, M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. or a degree in Engineering Science, that is, B.E. / B.Tech., or a degree in general sciences, that is, B.Sc. in preferably Agriculture Science or Biological Science.
- You will also be eligible, if you complete a three year diploma in Engineering or Nursing.
- Lastly, candidates who have completed M.B.A. and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Botany at Higher Secondary level are also eligible.
Further details of this course
This course includes all the aspects of hygiene including industrial pollution analysis, industrial waste management, industrial cleanliness, industrial product management, risk management and mitigation. You will learn how to assess the hygiene status of the workplace that you will join after this diploma course. You will learn how to control the factors affecting the hygiene conditions of the industry and the health of its employees. You will be instructed how to enforce conditions that help the betterment of the health of the employees of your workplace.
- You can join an industry in the hygiene control department as a junior hygienist. Your job will be to monitor the hygiene conditions of the departments allotted to you. You will have to conduct surveys around the departments allotted to you for various kinds of hygiene maintenance and pollution control strategies. Based on the surveys you will prepare annual reports and submit them to your department heads.
- After around 5 years of experience, you will be promoted to senior industry hygienist positions.
- You can also shift your career focus and join the disaster management team after 5 years of experience as a hygienist. In this case you will monitor how any industry handles the disaster situations and you will have to improve upon the modes of their handling disasters.
- After 10 years of experience you can become first become occupational safety specialists and then the safety managers. Your responsibility would be to look after the occupational health hazards occurring in an industry.
Diploma Industrial Hygiene Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Industrial Hygiene for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Industrial Hygiene courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Industrial Hygiene