About M.Phil. Statistics course
In this course, both the theoretical and applied features of statistics are taught. The work of a statistician is to collect, interpret and verify data. In every field statisticians are required, right from Government offices to sporting international events. M.Phil. is a combination of course work and research training. It also helps in extending competence of the candidates in their chosen discipline. The course provide the quantitative skills and expertise to carry out statistical analyses. The students acquire the necessary skills to undertake applied or theoretical projects. M.Phil. candidates may be able to upgrade to doctoral candidature after 12 months.
- The common requirement for pursuing M.Phil.in Statistics course is a pass in Master's degree in the respective subjects with at least 55% of the aggregate marks from any recognized university.
- Those students who are in their final year are also eligible to apply for M.Phil in Statistics.
- The minimum age to get entry to this course is 22 years.
The duration of M.Phil. in Statistics course is about 2 years.
M.Phil. Statistics course suitability
- Those candidates who possess good knowledge and understanding of statistical techniques, research methods and analysis; developing new opinions and ideas and can work collaboratively with others can go for this course.
- Those candidates who can organize their own work and are good with meeting deadlines are also suitable for this course.
What are the skills required to be a good statistician
- They should have good reasoning ability
- They should have good mathematical aptitude.>/li>
- They should be disciplined and should have a curious mind.
- They should have good knowledge of computers.
- They should have good speaking and writing skills.
Advantages and benefits of M.Phil. Statistics course
- Skilled professionals in this field will find employment opportunities in financial institutions and in public sector.
- Another option is they can work in a private firm.
- Teaching is a good option for them. They can become teacher, lecturer or professor at school or college level respectively.
- Statistician can also seek employment in sports statistician, business field, medical statistician and scientific research.
M. Phil. Statistics Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M. Phil. Statistics for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M. Phil. Statistics courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M. Phil. Statistics