PhD. is Doctorate in Philosophy which is a research based degree. PhD with specialization in Botany means the research work must be carried out in the field of Botany only but Botany is a vast term to use here. Interested candidate can select any topic as per his/her interest and availability.
As mentioned, the course is available for all the post graduates who are willing to pursue research in their specialization.
There is no as such age restriction for this course and interested candidates can pursue the same as per their availability. For government funded projects, there should be some age restriction and candidates are advised to check for the same prior to making application.
The duration is normally 3-5 years and this to be strictly followed in case of sponsored PhD. In other cases, the research work can be extended with special note with valid reasons.
Admission procedure includes different below mentioned options-
- The first option includes admission through CSIR NET examinations. These examinations are conducted twice a year and interested candidates can appear in the same. The qualified candidates can apply for PhD with scholarship and government funded projects.
- Another option for Science candidates is through DBT. National level entrance examination is also conducted by DBT for research work which supports shortlisted candidates in pursuing their research work.
- UGC NET is again similar Examination as CSIR NET which supports research work and provides funds to the deserving candidates.
- Candidates from self sponsored category can apply to the selected institute and can meet the Principal Investigator. They need to share their SOP with them and if they will find the same relevant, they can offer you the PhD under their guidance.
- The last option is to join any project as project assistant and then get extended to pursue PhD in the same. In this case, you may get Scholarship and may not get but you can request for salary. Teaching assistant ship can also support you to manage your expenses.
Further study options
After completing PhD, most of the candidates continue their research work in the form of Post Doctorate degree which is the available option for further studies.
Apart from this, candidates can pursue other short term courses in their related field.
These candidates can work as a Plant Biochemist, Mycologist, Researchers, Ecologist, Fruit Growers, Forester, Administrators, etc. They are ideal for Seed And Nursery Companies, Food Companies, Plant Resources Laboratory, National Parks, etc.
Ph.D. Botany Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Ph.D. Botany for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Ph.D. Botany courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Ph.D. Botany