- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts is a pass certificate in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in any stream from a recognized college or university.
- At the time of commencement of the course, the minimum age of a candidate should be of 17 years.
- The admission to this course is subject to clearing the qualifying examination.
- Those candidates who do not have English as their medium of instruction, must demonstrate their competency in English language in the selection procedure.
- Foreign students or Non Resident Indians (NRI) must submit their relevant documents while applying for the course.
The duration of the Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts is about 3 years.
The application form to this course can be availed from the respective academy’s administration office on a payment of requisite amount.
About Catering Technology & Culinary Arts course
It is a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Catering and Tourism. Talking about culinary arts courses in India, BCT & CA is one of the very popular choices among culinary aspirants. Culinary art is about cooking food. It covers topics like cooking, serving etiquette and presentation of food.
The process of admission to Bachelor of Catering Technology & Culinary Arts may vary from institute to institute. Some institute follows merit based admission process while some other institutes go for the direct admission process. When it comes to merit based admission process, the marks secured in the entrance test and that of the final marks in 10+2 are aggregated to find out the performance of the candidate. Seats are then allotted to the deserving candidates.
Career prospects & job opportunities
Prominent places where a BCT & CA graduates can find a job are as under:
- Catering Firms
In the beginning, one may work as a trainee chef and then later you can rise to the ranks of Chef, Sous Chef (second in command of the kitchen) and finally an Executive Chef.
If you don’t like to work under someone, you may start your own venture. If you have enough financial resources and entrepreneurship skills, then you can start your own restaurant, hotel, cafeteria, catering service, bar, club, etc.
BCT & CA Catering Technology & Culinary Arts Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for BCT & CA Catering Technology & Culinary Arts for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering BCT & CA Catering Technology & Culinary Arts courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.