- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.D Preventive and Social Medicine course is M.B.B.S. degree or any other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Some institutes conduct an entrance examination for providing admission to this course.
Preventive and Social Medicine mainly consist of three specialties.
- Doctors in public health and general medicine aim to maintain and promote community health.
- Disease prevention, such as food and water safety or immunization plays a role in public health and general preventive medicine.
- Occupational medicine focuses on disease, illness and work related health.
A preventive medicine specialist studies the chemical, physical and social environment of the workplace, including health maintenance and toxic exposures. Aerospace medicine covers the air and space flight industry. Practitioners examine the health of passengers or operating crews.
The minimum duration of M.D Preventive and Social Medicine course is about 2 years.
Who is suitable for M.D Preventive and Social Medicine course
- The candidates should know the principles and practice of medicine in the hospital and should be familiar with elementary practices.
- They should be able to manage and diagnose common nutritional problems at the individual and community level.
- They should be able to take rational decisions relevant to individual patients and community along with analyze, collect, present and interpret simple community and hospital database.
- They should also possess skills like interacting with other members of the heath care team, implementation of national health programs and participating in the organization of health care services.
The necessary skills required for M.D Preventive and Social Medicine course include good communication, active listening, critical thinking, management, innovative thinking, complex problem solving, writing, persuasion, research skills, negotiation, judgment and decision making.
Advantages or benefits of M.D Preventive and Social Medicine course
- After completion of the course, students shall be able to organize, plan, implement, evaluate and monitor the impact and outcomes of health care programs and services.
- After passing the course, they can apply the principles of health management to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the national health programs.
- The course helps to produce competent Public Health Specialists.
- Candidates can seek employment in the public health sector and professionals in this sector can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
M.D Preventive and Social Medicine Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D Preventive and Social Medicine for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D Preventive and Social Medicine courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.D Preventive and Social Medicine