About M.E. High Voltage Engineering Course
It is a Postgraduate electronics course. The course comprises of production, transmission and use of electrical energy, physical behaviour of equipment, characteristics and construction of electrical equipments and systems. The major areas of research in high voltage engineering course are faults detection during impulse voltage testing, design of high voltage power apparatus, estimation of electrical field strength in power apparatus, estimation of over voltage power status, etc. Modern high voltage measuring techniques together with diagnostics and testing of different apparatus and components are also taught in this course.
- Students who have done their Bachelor of Engineering or B.Tech with minimum 60% marks are eligible to apply for this course.
- Some institutes also conduct an entrance examination to get admission to this Master's degree course.
The duration of M.E. High Voltage Engineering course is about 2 years.
M.E. High Voltage Engineering course suitability
- Those students who want to gain knowledge regarding power generation, power utilities, transmission process and industries responsible for commissioning, engineering, maintenance and operation of substations.
- To know the basics of High Voltage Engineering, High Voltage Safety, insulation breakdown phenomena.
- The participant shall be able to understand the basics of high voltage and its application, understand the design principles and critical elements of a high voltage system.
- Those applicants who want to have degree in research can also go for this course.
How is M.E. High Voltage Engineering course beneficial
After completion of the program, candidates will get many career opportunities in transmission, production, distribution and utilization of electrical energy both in private as well as Government sector. For young aspirants, there are a lot of career opportunities in this field. Day by day, talented professionals are increasing in this field. There is a great demand of electrical engineers in electricity boards, hydroelectric power plants, atomic power plants, thermal power plants, power corporations, production plants, steel and chemical plants, natural gas plants, etc.
M.E. High Voltage Engineering Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.E. High Voltage Engineering for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.E. High Voltage Engineering courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.E. High Voltage Engineering