- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.E Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering course is a pass certificate in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in science stream from a recognized college or university.
- Both biology and maths group students are eligible to pursue this course.
- Criteria of minimum marks exists, but it may differ from university to university. Generally, it is between 40-50% marks in PCB or PCM subjects.
- Moreover, the marks secured in entrance examination by the candidates are also taken into consideration while allocating seats to the candidates.
Basic course details
The duration of B.E Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering course is about 4 years divided into 8 semesters with each semester lasting for a period of 6 months. During these semesters, students have to face different sets of theoretical subjects including practical and lab sessions.
It is a branch of engineering whose main aim is agricultural development. Irrigation and agriculture are inter dependent and co-related to each other. The sub branches of Agricultural Engineering include plant biology, animal biology, civil, mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering principles. Agricultural engineering deals with various technologies that are incorporated in the agriculture process to increase productivity. The process of watering agricultural land and crops in order to enhance the growth of crops is irrigation. Irrigation process deals with suppressing weed growth, dust suppression, disposal of sewage, protecting plant against frost and preventing soil consodilation.
Salary, scope and job opportunities
- B.E Agricultural graduates can join agricultural departments of different State Governments. They can easily get Land Officer Post in agricultural department. Other Government departments where B.E agricultural graduates can find jobs are Research Department, Food Department, Coir Board, Dairy Board (State Wise), etc.
- One may also start working as a consultant, starting their own venture after gaining sufficient work experience from Government or private job.
- Research and development firms, fertilizer firms, food products processing and manufacturing firms, agriculture machinery manufacturing firms, etc are the prime recruiters of B.E. agricultural graduates in private sector.
- Candidates can pursue their career in teaching sector.
- One can also do R & D in agricultural fields.
- Some well known job posts available in front of B.E agricultural graduates are mentioned below
Quality Assurance Officer
B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering