About GNM course
Nursing is basically a women's profession, but a small number of courses are open to male candidates at the lower level. Basically, taking care of sick people comes under nursing and midwifery is a profession which includes providing assistance to mother during labor as well as pregnancy. Under this course, candidates will study subjects such as Biological Science, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Fundamentals of Nursing & First Aid, etc.
- The basic eligibility criteria for doing a diploma course in GNM is a pass certificate in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination in Science stream.
- One of the other basic requirements for becoming a nurse is that the candidates should either be unmarried or widows, legally separated or divorced.
The duration of GNM course is about 3 years with 6 months of internship.
Admission Process in GNM course
Selection of candidates will be based on the merit of entrance test. Unoccupied seats if any, will be given to the next candidates in the merit list. Candidates will have to check the merit list that will be displayed on the notice board of the institute. No information will be sent or given to the candidates separately.
Rules for admission
- All applicants are required to undergo an aptitude test before taking admission to the GNM Diploma course.
- Applicants seeking admission to the institute should apply via application form which is available along with the prospectus.
- Admission will be given only on the basis of the candidate's overall performance.
Documents required for admission
- Certificate of the last examination passed along with attested photocopies of mark sheets.
- Date of birth certificate.
- Character certificate from the last institute, school or college.
Career Opportunities in GNM
With the expansion of health care facilities day by day, the demand for skilled and qualified nurses never diminishes but continue to grow. Apart from jobs in clinics, hospitals, old age homes, nursing homes, orphanages, there is also scope of private practice. The demand for nursing teachers is also increasing with the expansion of training and educational institutions in nursing. Those candidates who feel that caring for the disabled and sick are their motto of life, they will find the profession more rewarding and satisfactory than not financially rewarding as well.
Diploma General Nursing and Midwifery (G.N.M) Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma General Nursing and Midwifery (G.N.M) for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma General Nursing and Midwifery (G.N.M) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma General Nursing and Midwifery (G.N.M)