It is an undergraduate Fisheries Science course. It is that branch of Science which is involved in catching, managing, marketing, processing and conservation of fish. Both B.F.Sc. and B.Sc. (Fisheries) are almost same.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized college or university.
- Candidates should have appeared for an all India level common entrance test conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to be eligible for admission in various central institutes of fisheries.
- The minimum age limit to get admission to this course is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 20 years.
The duration of the Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) course is about 4 years spread over a number of semesters which is generally eight in numbers.
B.F.Sc. Course Curriculum
Various institutes for B.F.Sc. follows the curriculum designed by ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research). To meet the regional requirements, the syllabus and curriculum can be changed or modified by the Academic Council. A candidate for the graduate degree should score a minimum credit of 160. The students need to attend lecture classes, practical labs, assignments, etc. As a partial fulfillment of the course, they should also do small projects.
Who is suitable for Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) course
- Anyone who has a genuine interest in marine life and is free from sea sickness could join this course.
- Candidates should be research oriented, dedicated and devoted towards their work, should be patient, hard working, curious and with an inquisitive mind.
- Candidates should have good managerial skills, which is a requisite for this course.
- Candidates who want to go for further studies and carry out research activities in this field can go for this course.
What are the advantages of this course
- B.F.Sc. candidates can start their career in the private or public sector as sea food exporter, consultant, export manager fisheries officer, agricultural officer, farm manager, etc.
- They can work as an officer or a manager in aqua feed plants, seafood processing, pharmaceutical companies and in fishing industries.
Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc.)