PhD is an abbreviation of 'Doctor of Philosophy' and is a research based long term course. The field of Image Processing has its application in various areas like Biomedical engineering, Medical Science, Electronics and many more.
Many people get confused between signal processing and image processing and even many consider both as same but these 2 fields are completely different and should not be mixed.
Image processing is a Very developed and mature field with various applications like in digital cameras, adobe Photoshop, medical imaging, etc.
A post graduate candidate from the field of Biomedical Science, Electronics or Software Engineering is eligible for this course.
A basic knowledge about Image processing, good mathematical skills, ideas about experimental design and good programming skills are preferred.
Further study options
PhD. is considered as the highest degree but candidates with keen interest in research can pursue Post Doctorate degree as an extension of their PhD project.
For admission in PhD, there are my ways a candidate can have. These are as mentioned below-
- Through National Level entrance tests like CSIR and UGC NET- Here candidates get stipend for at least 5 years.
- Through institute level entrance tests- Some reputed institutes conduct their own entrance tests for PhD.
- Through personal approach- A candidate need to approach the supervisor with whom he wants to pursue his PhD. After sharing the SOP and other details, the supervisor will decide about candidate's joining for PhD.
- Along with teaching assistant-ship- A candidate can join an institute and pursue PhD along with teaching.
- Extension of Project- Candidate can join a project from the field of Image Processing ad if he finds it interesting, he can request for its extension as his PhD project. The respective authority may or may not allow for the same.
The duration is not fixed and ranges from 3-5 years. In some exceptional, it may get extension.
PhD is a complete research where a candidate has to study about present papers based on previous researches in their field and then to pursue their own research. Topics on which the research is already should not be taken as PhD again and the topic must be unique.
These candidates can work in research labs working on projects related to medical instruments, Software developments, etc. There are some companies like Siemens, Nokia, GE, Samsung, etc also hire these candidates.
Ph.D. Image Processing Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Ph.D. Image Processing for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Ph.D. Image Processing courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Ph.D. Image Processing