It is an undergraduate nutrition and dietetics program. In this course, students study the papers related to nutrition and health care practitioners that are written by experts in this field. The course comprises of clinical research, comprehensive reviews, case observations and other type of papers. In medical terms, clinical nutrition is concerned with the therapeutic uses for nutrition and is a part of the complete health care program. Clinical nutrition helps in the strengthening of the immune system and work towards health outcomes such as disease prevention and treatment.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized college or university.
The duration of B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics course is about 3 years.
Who is suitable for B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics course
- Candidates should be able to evaluate and develop nutritional programs for patients.
- They should be able to assess, review and modify nutritional treatment plans, administer and conduct patient assessments.
- They must keep themselves updated with the latest trends and happenings with the emerging trends in nutritional programs and studies regarding dietary guidelines.
Advantages and benefits of B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics course
- This course is beneficial for the students to make them aware about the eating habits of people that plays a major role in the development of certain chronic diseases such as diabetics, obesity, heart diseases, cancer, etc.
- After passing the course, candidates can go for further Master's degree and then for research oriented work.
- They can get jobs in various nutritional and dietary health clinics and hospitals that are run by the Government or private people and organizations.
- They can open up their own nutrition and dietary health clinics.
- They can work as a private practitioner and private consultant.
Perks / Salary
Nutrition and dietetics is a remunerative job. Candidates working in government hospitals, research institutes, academic institutions have fixed salaries as fixed by the government depending upon experience and work profile. Some private sectors like health clinics, big corporate houses, restaurants, hotels, food manufacturers offer attractive perks and higher salary. Private consultants and independent practitioners also have good earning potential.
B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics