It is an undergraduate level program that will help build one career in the plantation management and research and development in the agriculture sector. After completion of the course, students can get land jobs in Government as well as private sector. Students can go for higher degree programs such as Master's degree, M.Phil or Ph.D degree in Horticulture. One has the option to build a rewarding career in the R & D of agriculture sector.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Horticulture course is a pass certificate in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream and with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized college or university.
- Students must have appeared for the state level entrance examination so as to consider eligible for taking admission in this course.
B.Sc Horticulture course details
- It is an undergraduate level Bachelor's degree program, the duration of which is 3 years. As like other courses, this course too follows a semester system of learning. The course is divided into six semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
- Students have to face theoretical subjects in each semester, along with practical lab sessions that are associated with those subjects.
- This degree program deals with seed related study to scientific study of cultivation, plant diseases, genetics of plants, etc. In short, the course is all about the scientific knowledge in plant cultivation that helps to increase productivity and yield.
- For achieving improved productivity, this branch makes use of concepts of Genetic Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, etc.
Available courses after B.Sc Horticulture
- The best PG course available to the students after B.Sc Horticulture is M.Sc Horticulture. Under this PG program, students may specialize in disciplines within Horticulture sector.
- The next advance course which the students can undertake after M.Sc Horticulture is M.Phil and Ph.D degree.
- If you are interested in management courses, then you can pursue MBA degree. There are various management programs based in agriculture.
Career scope and job opportunities
The Horticulture graduates can get various job opportunities in the Government as well as private sector. In Government sector, various officer level posts are available for B.Sc Horticulture graduates. In private sector, job opportunities are available in areas such as private plantations.
B.Sc Horticulture Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Horticulture for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Horticulture courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Horticulture