- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Tech degree in Food Science is a pass certificate in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or equivalent exam in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Maths with a minimum of 60% marks and from a recognized college or university.
- Some institutes and universities conduct an entrance examination for admission to this degree course.
The duration of B. Tech Food Science course is about 4 years, which are divided into 8 semesters. It is good if you complete the course on time, but still it can be extended to a maximum of 7 years.
Academic options after B.Tech Food Science
There are many options for interested students who want to go for higher education. Some of these options are as below:
- Master of Sciences in Food Science
- M.Phil in Food Science
- Ph.D in Food Science
- PG Diploma in Food Science and Technology
About B.Tech Food Science course
It is an undergraduate Food Technology course. It is the study concerned with all the technical aspects of food like converting raw agricultural products into finished goods that are fir for human consumption.
Who is suitable for B.Tech Food Science course
- Those candidates who possess good technical and analytical skills and is interested to make his / her career in the food industry should opt for this course.
- They should have good communication and team working skills along with problem solving skills.
- They should have good time management and organizational skills such as managing the time of others and one's own time.
- An individual who is capable of working in a team or alone and can handle responsibilities is suitable for this course.
- Candidates who are interested in research can also go to B. Tech Food Sciences course.
Advantages and benefits of B.Tech Food Science course
- This course is beneficial to get jobs in hotels, research laboratories, food processing industries, hospitality industry, soft drink industries, manufacturing industries, packaging industries and rice mills.
- They can go for higher studies such as Master's degree and after that research work.
- After passing the course, candidates can have jobs in food processing companies such as food equipment, food ingredient, packaging companies or government agencies.
- These degree holder candidates are in great demand in the sectors such as food quality control, hotels, food industries, soft drink factories, hospitals, packaging industries, rice mills, etc.
B.Tech. Food Science Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Tech. Food Science for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Tech. Food Science courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Tech. Food Science