- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- The students who have studied Urdu in class XII or having proficiency in Urdu language will be given preference in admission.
- Just 35 medical colleges in India offer educational programs in Unani system.
- Some institutions offer admission through state and national level entrance examination.
- At the time of admission, the candidate should have attained a minimum age of 17 years.
The duration of the Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) course is 5 ½ years, out of which 4 ½ year are academic session and 1 year being an internship program with live practice session.
This undergraduate program can also be pursued through the distance mode education system.
Career & job opportunities
- There are many career opportunities after the completion of BUMS degree not only in India but also in abroad.
- They can also work as a doctor or as a medical representative in private or government hospital.
- Candidates can get the job in Unani colleges as a professor, lecturer, teacher or as a researcher.
- The professionals in this field can work in companies who deal with the medicines prepared according to the Unani method.
- There are many diseases that an allopathic treatment cannot cure and there are a large number of people who doesn't believe in allopathic treatment. This gives birth to an alternate treatment.
- They can do private practice or can open their own clinics, dispensaries, private hospitals, etc.
- After completing undergraduate course, candidates can go for higher degree programs such as post graduate or Ph.D degree or other research work in this field.
Use of Unani
Though, anyone can treat any diseases, but it was developed to cure some acute diseases such as Eczema, Bronchial Asthma, Leucoderma, Psoriasis, Arthritis, Filariasis, Jaundice, acute and chronic diseases, etc. After Ayurveda, Unani is known as one of the highly traditional medicines in the World, most influenced by the people in the countries such as China and India. Unani is known as the fourth populous medication system after Allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy.
Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)