About M.Sc Aquaculture course
It is a postgraduate course in Aquatic Science. In this course, students learn about aquaculture and the farming of aquatic organisms such as fish, mollusks, crustaceans and aquatic plants. It includes the study of Biodiversity, Aquatic Toxicology, Fish Diseases, Fish Nutrition and Immunology. The students conduct investigations on varied aspects of frogs, fish and mice as experiment models.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Sc Aquaculture course is a pass degree in Bachelor's with Fisheries / Zoology / Fishery Science / Industrial Fish and Fisheries / Aquaculture as one of the subjects and from a recognized college or university.
- Some colleges and universities also conduct an entrance examination for providing admission to this Master's degree course.
The duration of M.Sc Aquaculture course is of 2 years which opens many career opportunities after passing this course. This course is job orienting in nature.
How to apply for M.Sc Aquaculture
Candidates can purchase the application form along with the institute's prospectus from the respective college or institute. The application form should be completed in full and it is to attached with the Xerox copies of date of birth certificate or SSC certificate and statement of the marks of the qualifying exam. The completed application form along with the enclosures should be submitted at the college or institute's office on or before the last date of submission.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Aquaculture course
- Those candidates who want to study the living organisms in water and are interested to know about marine life are the most suitable for this course.
- Candidates who have a keen interest for under water environment and various water bodies, good color vision, a strong skill of observation, good physical health, patience, perseverance and interest are good suit for this course.
- They should have good written and verbal communication skills, good computer knowledge, and knowledge of basic statistics concept is essential for this course.
- Applicants should have skills like good observation skills, practical approach towards work, enjoy outdoor work, enjoy science and being physically fit.
Advantages and benefits of M.Sc Aquaculture
- Candidates can go for higher degree courses such as M.Phil Aquaculture, Ph.D Aquaculture, etc.
- Candidates can start their own business as a fish producer, ornamental fish production, public aquaria in zoo and husbandry.
- Candidates can do research on aquatic plants and animals.
M.Sc Aquaculture Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Aquaculture for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Aquaculture courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc Aquaculture