It is a postgraduate degree in Oceanography and Coastal Studies. Oceanography is a subject that deals with geographical, biological, physical, chemical and behavioral nature of the ocean. Along with this, a study of coastal areas is also included in the course which makes it a complete package. The researches carried by oceanographers are used by marine industries and by Government. Oceanographers researchers are trying to discover a new supply of foodstuff from the ocean. This course is offered in various colleges with special focus on ocean bodies and marine lives.
Job and Career Prospects
- There are adventurous and lucrative job options for an M.Sc Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies degree holders.
- Making a career in Oceanography and Coastal Studies is challenging as well as rewarding.
- There are many job opportunities for Oceanographers / Geographers / Meteorologists in both private as well as public sectors.
- Candidates can also choose teaching as an option in various colleges and universities as a lecturer or professor.
- The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts test time to time for placement in Central Government Agencies like the Central Ground Water Board and the Geographical Survey of India.
- In foreign countries, the salary of oceanographers is relatively high. The salary varies according to the qualifications and experience of the oceanographer. The responsibilities of an oceanographer vary from place to place.
M.Sc. Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic YearAre you looking for admissions for M.Sc. Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc. Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies courses in your preferred locations.
Apply Now for M.Sc. Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies