It is a postgraduate course in Dairy Technology. This course deals with processing of milk and its products. The study of Dairy Technology involves processing, storage, distribution, packaging and transportation of dairy products. Some principles of physics, chemistry, engineering and economics are incorporated so that appropriate utilization of milk and their products are developed. The main objective of Dairy Technology is to improve quality of milk and its products, prevent spoilage of milk and make milk edible and safe for human consumption.
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Tech in Dairy Technology is a bachelor's degree in Dairy Technology with at least 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized college or university.
- Those candidates seeking for admission to this postgraduate course need to clear the entrance exam like GATE.
The duration of M. Tech in Dairy Technology course is about 2 years, which are divided into six semesters.
Career and job prospects in Dairy Technology
As India is an agro based economy, dairy industry plays an important role. Due to this, the first career choice of students in India is Dairy Technology. In terms of career opportunities, dairy technology has a lot of scope. There are about more than 400 dairy plants operating in the country and to run these plants efficiently, they require well trained and qualified professionals. Candidates can seek employment both in private and Government organizations. Dairy Technology is one of the diversified fields involving many principles and consisting of many tasks.
The main occupation in Dairy Technology are production and processing. Milk collecting, reproduction of high yielding cattle and taking care of animals comes under production. Processing involves alteration of milk into dairy products and managing of milk for supply.
- After completing M.Tech degree in Dairy Technology, candidates can get jobs in the dairy sector industries such as Nestle, Amul, Mother Dairy, etc.
- Candidates can also go for further studies or research programs.
- Candidates passing out from this field can opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
- As a dairy technologist, you can start your own small scale milk plants, dairy products, creamery products processing, ice cream units, etc.
- One can also work as a supervisor in dairy plant.
- Professionals who have gained years of experience in dairy firms can open their own consulting firms.
M.Tech Dairy Technology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Tech Dairy Technology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Tech Dairy Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Tech Dairy Technology