About M.Sc Poultry Production course
It is a postgraduate Agriculture Science course. Poultry production is the practice of raising domesticated birds such as chickens, hens, ducks, geese for the purpose of eggs for food or farming meat. The practice of breeding poultry within an enclosed atmosphere is poultry production. Individuals can find good career scopes within this versatile industry.
The basic eligibility criteria to pursue M.Sc in Poultry Production is a Bachelor's degree in Science stream from a recognized college or university in respective subjects like B.Sc Biology / B.Sc Agriculture / B.Sc in Animal Husbandry / B.Sc Animal Science / B.Sc Dairying or related fields.
The duration of M.Sc Poultry Production course is generally two years, but it may vary from institute to institute. This course is available both in full time as well as part time basis and its syllabus is divided into four semesters.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Poultry Production course
- Applicants willing to do research on poultry are perfect for this course.
- Candidates should have the knowledge of handling chickens, incubating eggs, maintaining eggs hygiene, collecting and storing fertile eggs for hatching.
- They should have ideas about supervising hatchery unit operations, cleaning poultry sheds, co-coordinating and analyzing performance of poultry units.
Advantages and benefits of M.Sc Poultry Production course
- For professionals, the poultry industry offers great job opportunities to them in the field of poultry production.
- Big and small companies need experts in the field of poultry farming.
- Candidates can start their own poultry farm or can work under the poultry firms operating under Indian government. Many private sector firms also offer great job opportunities for aspirants.
- Candidates can go for higher degree programs such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
Career opportunities after M.Sc Poultry Production
In the recent years, the demand for poultry production aspirants has gone up and the career prospects in this field are quite high and still on the rise. Private firms, poultry farms and other areas that breed these birds need the help of experts in poultry production. To provide assistance in breeding programs of birds, the firms take the help of poultry experts. Technicians in this field are in much demand as it has been proven that with the principles of incubation along with the aid of biology, better breeds of birds can be bred.
M.Sc Poultry Production Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Poultry Production for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Poultry Production courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc Poultry Production