About the course
Our country's economy is largely based on agriculture so building a career in agriculture and its allied sectors is a good option. This will in turn boost the economy of India and on the other hand, it will help remove hunger and poverty. Seed Science is a very attractive branch in which courses can be done. Students having a biological background can pursue M.Sc in Seed Science and Technology.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Sc Seed Science and Technology is a Bachelor's pass degree in agriculture or biological sciences. Students who are in their final year of the relevant degree are also eligible for admission to this PG course. The undergraduate degree can either be in 10+2+4 or in 10+2+3 scheme.
The duration of M.Sc Seed Science and Technology course is about two years which is divided into four semesters.
What is taught in the course
The important subjects that are being taught in this course are Principles of Seed Production, Seed Processing and Storage, Seed Pathology, Seed Physiology, Seed Quality Testing, Seed Marketing and Seed Legislation and Certification. Besides this, the other subjects which are helpful in the study of seed science is statistics and computers.
Students having a postgraduate degree in Seed Science and Technology have ample career opportunities. They can apply both in private as well as Government sectors. Besides this, there are many self employment opportunities. There are posts of Seed Testing Officer, Seed Production Officer in the Govt. sector where students can seek out job opportunities. Teaching is another career scope.
Opportunities available in private sector
After M.Sc in Seed Science and Technology, if the candidates are interested to work in private sector, then they can pursue their career as a plant breeder.
Self Employment Opportunities
- M.Sc degree holders in seed science and technology can give advice to their clients by opening their own office on how to supervise and design gardens.
- They can also pursue their career as Horticulture consultant.
- Another self employment opportunity available for these postgraduates is starting an agricultural clinic for providing professional extension service to the farmers.
- These aspirants can pursue their career as seed dealer, seed producer and fruit / vegetable / flower grower.
- They can start up florist shops or indoor mushroom cultivation business.
M.Sc (Agriculture) Seed Science & Technology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic YearAre you looking for admissions for M.Sc (Agriculture) Seed Science & Technology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc (Agriculture) Seed Science & Technology courses in your preferred locations.
Apply Now for M.Sc (Agriculture) Seed Science & Technology