About M.Sc Plant Protection course
It is a postgraduate Agricultural course. This course deals with the cause, development and spread of damage to crops and taking efficient curative and preventive measures to fight damage and protect the plants as well as to see their effects on environment. Students get the opportunity to learn about the basic and applied aspects of research in wide range of disciplines like pesticide use, weed science, plant breeding, plant nutrition and plant biotechnology. Students will be able to combine and select suitable technologies to solve the problems of plant protection and increase crop yield efficiently.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Sc in Plant Protection course is a pass degree in Graduation from Science stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
The duration of M.Sc in Plant Protection course is about 2 years consisting of four semesters.
There will be one objective type paper consisting of multiple choice questions. The test paper will contain 30 questions on general awareness and general knowledge in Agricultural Science and related branches of Science and 70 questions on Botany, General Agriculture, Biotechnology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Chemistry of Undergraduate level.
Career and job prospects in M.Sc Plant Protection
- As far as opportunities, scope and jobs in Plant Protection is concerned, one can go in private sector, public sector or he can go for personal business.
- After receiving Master's degree in Plant Protection, he can go for various agro based companies or can join multinational companies.
- After getting expertise in the field of plant protection, the candidates can establish plant clinic or plant pest diagnosis centre in which the plant health problems can be solved. Pest protection services can also be provided on contractual basis.
- An agric clinic operator has tremendous opportunities like contract research and farming, field consultation, forensic plant health problems, farm diagnosis of plant health problems and support services.
- They can conduct research or can go abroad to serve as agricultural advisors in plant protection.
Pay packages The pay scale in the field of plant protection is very high but it varies in Government sector and private sector. The pay scale depends on many factors such as experience, qualification, designation and skills of an individual.
M.Sc (Agriculture) Plant Protection Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic YearAre you looking for admissions for M.Sc (Agriculture) Plant Protection for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc (Agriculture) Plant Protection courses in your preferred locations.
Apply Now for M.Sc (Agriculture) Plant Protection