Agriculture is not just limited to growing various kinds of crops. It has now grown into floriculture and horticulture too. You get to know how to grow various kinds of flowers, medicinal plants through this master's course. This master degree course also covers information about different kinds of vegetables and fruits. So this is an all in one course. Here, within 2 years, you get to know which vegetations are suitable for our country, during which time of the year are their production suitable, favorable conditions for growing the vegetations and the various byproducts of those vegetations. Agriculture and horticulture are the few of the basic income methodologies of our country. Through horticulture and floriculture, India gets a sizable amount of foreign currencies through the export of the products of agriculture and floriculture. So you can think of either getting suitable jobs in India or abroad after passing this course.
There are two basic requirements for this course. Let us go through them.
- The students should have passed B.Sc. in agriculture before applying for this course.
- The final list of students who are eligible to study this (Floriculture & Land Scaping) are selected through an entrance examination. If the students clear the entrance examination with minimum 40% marks, they are eligible to study this course.
After this course the higher studies that will match your expertise the most is M.Tech in Agriculture Engineering. You will have to clear an entrance examination to be a part of this course. Any university which provides this master's course holds their own pattern of entrance examination for M.Tech in Agriculture Engineering. The basic syllabus of the entrance examination is B.Sc. in agriculture. After this course you can opt for any job in the agricultural industry.
- You can apply for research assistant positions in any research organization. In fact, such candidate are in high demand in other Asian countries like Sri Lanka, Vietnam, etc. So you can apply in any Asian country for becoming an intern in any of their agriculture related projects.
- If you can prove your expertise in such a project for 2-3 years, then you can apply for a research fellowship in the same university.
- If you work as an intern on a farm for 5-8 years, then you can become a horticultural manager or a plantation manager in the same farm. Your job will be moderating the condition of plantations regularly.
M.Sc. (Agri) Hort(Floriculture & Land Scaping) Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc. (Agri) Hort(Floriculture & Land Scaping) for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc. (Agri) Hort(Floriculture & Land Scaping) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc. (Agri) Hort(Floriculture & Land Scaping)