About M.Sc Genetics & Plant Breeding course
It is a postgraduate Agricultural course with specialization in Genetics and Plant Breeding. Plant Breeding is the art of improving crop plants. The course provides skills in application of biotechnology and conventional breeding practices in plant improvement. Genetics and plant breeding is such a subject which plays important role in the progress of the nation besides giving self satisfaction. If you have had the dreams that not a single human goes to bed empty stomach then you could increase the crop production by studying the crop production technique. There are plentiful of job opportunities into this sector. After the post graduation, you can earn name and fame not only within the country but abroad too.
The eligibility criteria to pursue M.Sc (Agriculture) in Genetics & Plant Breeding is a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture with second division and at least 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
The duration of M.Sc Genetics & Plant Breeding is about 2 years and its syllabus is divided into four semesters.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Genetics & Plant Breeding course
- Those who want to improve the varieties and genetics of food grain quality and develop resistance to diseases, insects and pests, improve yielding ability, evaluate and maintain diversity of genetic stocks are suitable for this course.
- Those who want to support seed science program and local plant breeding to respond to indigenous demands in the sub region of participating countries and to meet local needs are good suit for this course.
- They should have the ability to work with all kinds of people.
- They should be hardworking, dedicated and independent.
- They should have effective written and verbal communication skills.
Job prospects in genetics and plant breeding
Those students who have dreamt of doing the world class researches can be appointed in some international level research organizations or international agricultural services based upon their achievements and experience. Apart from this, they can work as professors in the different universities at the regional levels too. There is great demand for the professionals of this field in the private sector of the national and international research seed companies. Moreover, candidates can open up theirown seed company and give employments to many.
M.Sc. (Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc. (Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc. (Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc. (Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding