Forensic Science uses science for solving crimes and aid in the administration of justice. It uses all the faculties of science like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Medicine. Forensic Science can resolve any type of crimes starting from a small theft to paternity disputes. Though the field of Forensic Science is not new and has existed for years, but it is still not accepted as a career option for many despite being exposed to TV serials like CID, CSI and a plethora of detective stories.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Sc Forensic Science is a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university. However, candidates with a strong science background and who are good at mathematics will be given preference over other candidates.
The minimum course duration of M.Sc Forensic Science is about 2 years divided into four semesters.
Scope of Forensic Science in India
Crime scene investigation, Forensic Biology and Forensic Toxicology have always had a scope in India and is actively moving forward in this field.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Forensic Science course
- Through the curriculum, technical skill can be developed. But to solve a crime, by using one's own intelligence and aptitude and viewing it from various angles cannot be taught, that is to be within from the candidates.
- The field also demands keen observation, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- The ability to work with experts from other fields like Social Science, Psychology and Statistics is a must.
- Candidates should be comfortable working indoors and outdoors.
Job Opportunities in Forensic Science
- Jobs in Forensic department largely depend on one's area of specialization.
- Postgraduates in Forensic Science can work with private and government agencies, laboratories and hospitals.
- Some corporate hires postgraduates as document experts.
- Other areas include cyber crime investigation, mass disaster management, anti terrorist operations, protection of human rights, consumer, environment and intellectual property rights.
- Candidates find entry into other vocations such as police, banks, civil services, pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, clinical research and software too.
- Academics are another avenue where candidates can teach at colleges or universities.
- Forensic Science Laboratories hire forensic scientists across India.
- It should be noted that salaries varies drastically across sectors.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the police department offers higher pay over other Forensic sectors.
M.Sc Forensic Science Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Forensic Science for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Forensic Science courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc Forensic Science