A health record technician has to be with the patients when needed and also in the laboratories, when summoned by their doctors. So they need to be attentive about the case history of a patient and also be very caring towards them. Sometimes patients clear their health queries from these record technicians. These technicians have to know the medical jargon and techniques really well. A record technician has to jot down the health problems of a patient, assign proper codes to them, and based on these records they have to determine what should be the next course of action for those patients. They need to maintain those records for further reference. So, these technicians need to have some qualities that an experienced doctor has. In order to prepare these technicians for to become apt interns or record technicians in any hospital, a special diploma course for record technicians is designed.
Let us have a look at what do you require to study this diploma course.
- To be a part of this course, you must complete the higher secondary course. You can also complete a diploma course that is equivalent to 10+2 and approved by the central government of India.
- The stream of the higher secondary course should be either science or commerce.
- There is no restriction regarding the marks to be obtained in the higher secondary. But, since the admission procedure for this course is on a merit basis, the more you score in your higher secondary, the higher are your chances to get the admission.
- You can study BBA or Bachelor's in Business Administration after this course. You should pursue a specialization in hospital management. This course will help you learn the business aspects of a hospital. A hospital can run well, if it maintains its record well. You already know how to maintain the patient records, by virtue of this diploma course. So this BBA course will be the most apt choice for you as you can open your own hospital after you pass.
- You can also study major in Biotechnology. You will be able to learn more about the diseases for which you had to maintain the records. To be eligible, you must pass higher secondary in science stream. Along with that, you must pass the board examination with minimum 75% marks. You can become a teaching assistant in any hospital or a school after this course.
Diploma Record Technician Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Record Technician for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Record Technician courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Record Technician