Students who have an in depth knowledge in Electronics or Physics should take up this subject. You get to learn the intricacies of various instruments. You learn about the sub processes involved in instrument designing and process control. So you will not only learn instrumentation engineering, but you would also be introduced to process control engineering in this course. This course is of 2 year duration. In these two years, you will get to learn various topics from Electronics, Physics and Environmental Science. Instrumentation engineering leads to a subsequent effect on the environment around us. So you must learn the techniques of designing hardware that is environment friendly. You learn to design small circuits as well as bigger hardware platforms in this course. You can choose your area of specialization in the final year of this course. Some universities give you a chance to choose from two topics for specialization.
- Students who have completed a B.tech or B.E. degree in either mechanical or electrical or electronics engineering are eligible to apply for this course. If a student holds a B.tech degree in instrumentation engineering, then the student will have more advantage over others in comprehending the course.
- The cutoff for the aggregate score to be obtained in the qualifying degree is minimum 75%. This percentage is for the total marks obtained in all the six semesters and not individually in each semester.
- Finally, every student applying for this course must clear an entrance examination. Any university providing this MS course holds an entrance examination and a subsequent interview session to select the students. So, the students who pass in the entrance test should further clear the interview to be a part of this course.
After this course the most suitable choice of higher studies would be to complete a PhD. degree in instrumentation and process control. To proceed in the same, you must score minimum 60% in your MS course. You should also clear the entrance examination for PhD. conducted by the corresponding university or any government organization affiliated PhD. entrance examination, like UGC or CSIR NET.
- You can apply for research assistant jobs in any renowned university. You will be assigned a project related to instrumentation, on which you have to make a report.
- You can also become a technical sales engineer. You will have to moderate the process of instrumentation design and the sales techniques of those instruments.
MS Instrumentation Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for MS Instrumentation for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering MS Instrumentation courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for MS Instrumentation