The study of medicinal herbs and drugs, their nature, origin, effects and properties upon human beings is known as Dravya Guna. It's a complete science of herbal and medicinal plants. The course includes the therapeutic and pharmacology uses of medicinal plants. Medicinal herbs are prescribed in different pharmaceutical forms to get maximum therapeutic effect.
The word Dravya Guna consists of two words:
Dravya: material which can be living or non living
Ayurveda considers every substance as medicine if used for specific purposes in an appropriate way.
- The basic qualification for pursuing M.D Dravya Guna course is a pass degree in B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine) from a recognized college or university.
- Admission is done through entrance test conducted by the respective institute and all India entrance test.
The duration of M.D Dravya Guna course is of 3 years.
For getting post graduate degree in Ayurveda, the candidates should clear an entrance test. The selection pattern is based on the marks scored by the candidates in entrance exam along with the final degree written examination marks of the candidates taken together. The total aggregate mark is out of 100 in which 80 marks is for entrance examination and 20 marks is for the qualifying examination. The entrance exam pattern is based on multiple choice objective questions from Ayurvedacharya regulated by CCIM. General category students need a score of 50% to get admission while for reserved category candidates it is 40%. Candidates have the option to change their specialization till the second month after the candidate has got admission in the institute.
Job and career options
- M.D Dravya Guna degree course is in great demand worldwide as Ayurveda has its origin in the country.
- The candidates can choose medical field or can into research.
- Ayurvedic medicine is getting acceptance worldwide as it has no side effects because it is prepared from natural herbs and minerals.
- There is an increased demand of Ayurvedic experts and doctors because more and more people are opting for Ayurvedic treatment.
- Patients are getting relief from sickness by using Ayurvedic medicines and due to this, there is an increase in the employment of M.D Dravya Guna degree.
- There are opportunities available in the teaching profession also.
M.D. Dravya Guna Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D. Dravya Guna for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D. Dravya Guna courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.D. Dravya Guna