- The basic qualification for pursuing M.D Kayachikitsa course is a pass degree in MBBS degree from All India Institute of Medical Sciences or any other University or equivalent qualification recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India) or any of the State Medical Council.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% is required at the level of post graduation (50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC).
- A rotating internship of 1 year is required to pursue this course.
- Most institutes prefer candidates with work experience preferably a minimum of 12 months of professional experience.
- Preference is given to candidates with Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) degree course.
The minimum duration of M.D Kayachikitsa course is 3 years.
The postgraduates in M.D Kayachikitsa are hired in capacities such as:
Manager in Ayurvedic Pharmacies
Ayurvedic Medical Officer
Health Care Administrator
About M.D Kayachikitsa course
M.D Kayachikitsa is a clinical course. The course imparts training in the division of General Medicine in Ayurveda. As a medical discipline, Kayachikitsa forms the basis of all other branches of Ayurvedic treatment. In this course, the students learn about the diagnose, prevention and treatment of diseases. They learn specialized therapies which are given to the patients according to the nature of diseases. The course is conducted according to the rules and regulations of the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi.
Generally, in most of the colleges and institutes offering this course, admission is provided based on the candidate's performance in the entrance test, conducted at any National or State levels, followed by a subsequent round of counseling. The counseling round involves Group Discussion and Personal Interview, wherein the general aptitude of the candidates are examined. A final merit list is then prepared and issued by the institute. The seats are allotted only to the deserving candidates.
In the past, there was only option available after passing M.D Kayachikitsa and that was to start one's own practice. However, today there are many promising opportunities available for Kayachikitsa post graduates. They may opt to work for:
Central Government Health Scheme
State Government run hospital / dispensaries
Employees State Insurance Corporation
Hospitals and Spa centers of Ayurveda
Private Nursing Homes
Advisors / consultants in private and autonomous organization
M.D. KayaChikitsa Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D. KayaChikitsa for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D. KayaChikitsa courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.D. KayaChikitsa