About GNM course
Although, nursing is basically a women's profession, but a small number of courses are open to male candidates too at the lower level. Basically, taking care of sick people comes under nursing. Providing assistance to mother during labor as well as pregnancy comes under Midwifery. Under this course, candidates will study subjects such as Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Psychology, Sociology, Behavioral Science, Biological Science, Fundamentals of Nursing & First Aid, etc.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a Bachelor course in GNM is a pass certificate in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream.
- For becoming a nurse, one of the other basic requirement is that the candidates should either be single, legally separated, widows or divorced.
The duration of GNM course is about 3 years with 6 months of internship.
Admission Process in GNM course
Candidates selection will be based on the merit of entrance test. If any unoccupied seats are there then it will be given to the next candidates in the merit list. Candidates are required to check the merit list as and when the notice gets displayed on the board of the institute. No information will be given or sent to the candidates separately.
Rules for admission
- Before taking admission to the GNM Bachelor course, all applicants are required to undergo an aptitude test
- Candidates seeking admission to the institute should apply via application form that is available along with the prospectus.
- Candidate's overall performance will be a deciding factor for their admission.
Documents required for admission
- Certificate of the last examination passed along with attested photocopies of mark sheets.
- Date of birth certificate.
- Character certificate from the last school, college or institute.
Career Opportunities in GNM
With the expansion of health care facilities day by day, the demand for skilled and qualified nurses never diminishes but continue to grow. Apart from jobs in hospitals, nursing homes, orphanages, old age homes, clinics, there is also scope of private practice. The demand for nursing teachers is also constantly increasing and because of which the expansion of training and educational institutions in nursing is happening. Candidates who feel that caring for the ill and disabled are their motto of existence; they will find their profession more satisfactory and rewarding.
Bachelor - GNM Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Bachelor - GNM for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Bachelor - GNM courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Bachelor - GNM