About M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing course
It is a postgraduate course in nursing. Although nursing is basically a women's profession, but some of the courses are open to male candidates as well. Medical surgical nursing is one of the most difficult specialties of nursing for students to excel. This course helps the students in developing expertise in the field of nursing. Students will also develop advanced skills for nursing intervention in various medical and surgical conditions.
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing course is a Graduation degree in Science (B.Sc) or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- Some institutes also conduct an entrance test before admission to their postgraduate course.
The minimum duration of M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing course is about 2 years divided into six semesters.
Who is suitable for M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing course
- Candidates should be able to provide attention and comfort to attention during and after medical surgeries.
- They should have a caring attitude and should care for patients of all ages.
- They should be well adverse with all aspects of adult health and should have excellent technical, organizational, assessment and prioritization skills.
- Applicants should measure and improve the quality of care delivered and consider the safety of patients to be the top priority.
The requirement for skilled and qualified nurses is increasing throughout the world. The best part of this field is that the nurses never remain unemployed. They easily get the job in hospitals and health care organizations.
With the corporate entering into the sector, this makes the career an exciting option. It has been estimated that the demand for nurses will keep on increasing in the near future to minimize the existing ratio of nurse-patient which is extremely a disappointed scenario at present. By the growing numbers of health care centers, the nursing professionals are not sufficient in number.
The employment opportunities in this profession are available in both private as well as government hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, old age homes and the armed forces. Indian Nursing Council, State Nursing Council, Indian Red Cross Society and various nursing institutions are few employment areas where one can find jobs. At present, the private hospitals and nursing homes are mushrooming across the country.
M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc Medical Surgical Nursing