About the course
Manmade disasters like explosion or natural calamities like earthquake, flood, drought, tsunami will have a huge impact on the lives of the people. So this course enables the students to get fully prepared in the event of any of these calamities occur. The course focuses on how to minimize the impact of natural and manmade calamities and the cause of occurrences. The students learn about the different areas of disaster management which includes distribution of food and medical care for the injured people and evacuation process to a safer place. During the course, students will be introduced to disaster management, field operations, environmental system, organizational management, etc.
The basic qualification for pursuing Certification Disaster Management course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of Certification Disaster Management course is 6 months and the maximum duration could be 2 years.
Some more information about the course
The Certification Disaster Management program aims at providing knowledge to the learners in the areas of disaster management, prevention, preparedness, relief, rehabilitation, etc. the program is of use to various voluntaries and NGO functionaries such as para-military, military, police, civil defense personnel, home guards; professionals such as Meteorologists, Scientists, Geologists, Engineers, Foresters, Administrators, Fire Service personnel.
- They should be physically and mentally fit to be able to handle any type of calamities or circumstances at any time.
- For this profession, timely action is very much needed and therefore one who aspires to be in this profession should be alert every time and should be able to implement apt plans immediately for any kind of situation.
- They are not only responsible for other's well being but also they have to take care for their own life and health.
- They should be ready to take any kind of responsibilities in the event of any disasters.
- Good communication skills are also essential for this career as they have to communicate easily and effectively.
- Good organizing capability and team spirit are other skills that one should possess to perform well in this industry.
- There are good employment opportunities in the private as well as public organizations, government agencies such as NGOs, relief agencies, fire department, drought management department, law enforcement authorities, etc
- They can also start their own consultancy as well.
Certification Disaster Management (CDM) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification Disaster Management (CDM) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification Disaster Management (CDM) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Certification Disaster Management (CDM)