About the course
It is a 12th standard certificate course in forest and wildlife management. Participatory Forest Management means promoting participation of the rural communities in the management and utilization of natural forest and woodlands through some sort of Participatory Forest Management (PFM). The inclusion of rural communities in the management of forest resources has become increasingly common in India. This course may also be provided on part time or distance learning basis by some institutes and colleges. CPFM course is of interest to those learners who want to understand social and cultural issues in forestry.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Certificate Participatory Forest Management (CPFM) course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized college or university.
Candidates having 2 years experience in natural resource management are also eligible to pursue this course.
The duration of Certificate Participatory Forest Management (CPFM) course is 6 months.
Objectives of CPFM course
General objective of the CPFM course is to develop an approach to integration of forest dependent communities into forest management. The specific objective is to build the bridges of understanding between foresters and forest communities. The aim is to protect the already existing natural forests and regenerating degraded forests.
Who is suitable for CPFM course
- Those applicants who want to keep the nature safe and protected for the coming generation and want to maintain balance in nature are perfect for this course.
- Students belonging to agrarian families are most suitable for this course as they are already know about many facts of protecting nature and forest.
- Candidates should also possess survival skills such as starting a safe fire, building a shelter in forest, to know and eating non-poisonous food for survival, evading dangerous wildlife, etc.
Advantages or benefits of Certificate Participatory Forest Management course
- This certificate course spreads information among the students and rural masses about making the nature and forest strong, efficient and responsible.
- Applicants can go for various forest protecting and maintaining jobs both in the private and government sectors.
- They can also go for further higher studies after its completion.
Certificate Participatory Forest Management Employment Areas
Indian Forest Services
Disaster Management Centers
Certificate Participatory Forest Management Job Types
Forest Project Manager
Environment & Forest Manager
Disaster Management Consultant
Chemical & Natural Resource Analyst
Certification Participatory Forest Management (CPFM) Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification Participatory Forest Management (CPFM) for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification Participatory Forest Management (CPFM) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Certification Participatory Forest Management (CPFM)