Course Description of Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science
The degree BNYS is an undergraduate medical program in holistic heath care setting. The course enables students to understand varied concepts of naturopathic treatments and yogic science. Study involves understanding of principles and processes of natural, yoga therapy and provides practice skills for treatments to patients with illness.
Naturopathy is integrated with alternative forms of medicines like homeopathy and acupuncture. The program includes study of Naturopathy medicine, modern medicine and therapeutic yoga medicine. To cure illness the patient's biomechanics, biochemistry and emotional aspects are considered. The course offers bright career prospects for students for their professional growth in the international arena.
The duration of Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) course is about 4 ½ years. The candidates have to undergo one year compulsory internship program in the institution itself after completion of B.N.Y.S. course.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination in Science stream from a recognized college or university.
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in their 10+2.
- The candidates should also possess a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination to apply for the course.
- Institutes running under government offer relaxation of marks for candidates belonging to reserved or backward class.
- Admission to the course is offered on the basis of the marks obtained in class 12.
- Preference is given to those candidates who also have completed yoga instructor's course.
Additional Information of the Course BNYS
The course instruction covers subjects naturopathy, history, pathology, nutrition, first aid, medical jurisprudence and health problems management. The course equips students to become medical doctors in naturopathy and yogic system. The curriculum includes field projects, seminars, coursework, assignments, thesis presentations, clinical practice, assessments and internship.
The study covers the topics on anatomy, biochemistry, genetics, philosophy of nature cure, yoga principles, pathology, microbiology, community medicine, microbiology, forensic medicine, histology, toxicology, pharmacology, chromo magnet therapy, yoga therapy, psychology, systems -digestion, nervous, respiratory, reproduction, physiotherapy, manipulative therapy, yoga special techniques, oncology diet and nutrition clinical laboratory, cardiovascular system, environmental science, fasting, acupuncture, ophthalmology, psychiatry aging, counseling.
Advantages or benefits of Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) course
- The medical degree course helps the candidates to practice medical profession in the field of Naturopathy & Yogic science.
- They can obtain higher degree courses in areas related to Naturopathy & Yogic science.
- After completion of the course, they can get into prestigious and rewarding career in the area f Yoga Therapy and Naturopathy.
Now-a-days due to growing health and beauty consciousness among people, Naturopathy & Yogic science is gaining world wide scope. The qualified doctors find jobs in private clinics, hospitals, government/ private sectors, national rural/ community health centers, corporate companies, academic institutions, specialty clinics, wellness centers, star hotels, resorts.
Some of the job positions offered for these graduates are clinical specialist, resident officer, professor, fitness trainer, researcher, journal writer, medical officer, practitioner, consultant etc. The course offers bright career prospects for students across the globe.
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic science (B.N.Y.S.) courses in your preferred locations.