- The basic qualification for pursuing Diploma Education for Deaf course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- Diploma / Degree in special education in hearing impairment, visual impairment or mental retardation or Montessori / KG course are also eligible to apply for Diploma Education for Deaf course.
- Parents / siblings or significant relatives of the deaf children if they fulfill the above qualifications and a sponsorship letter from an NGO or agency willing to absorb the trainee after successful completion of the Diploma course are also eligible to apply.
The duration of Diploma Education for Deaf course is 2 years.
The admission to this Diploma course is based on merit, written test, personal interview and other competencies notified from time to time as declared in admission notification and prospectus of the institute.
Medium of instruction
The medium of instruction will be English, however the candidates will be permitted to write the examinations in Hindi or any other regional language after acquiring permission from the concerned authority.
Minimum of 80% attendance is required for theory (for first and second year separately), 100% attendance for practical work (for first and second year separately) and 90% attendance. Full time practice teaching is compulsory for attending the theory and practical examination.
General objectives of Diploma Education for Deaf course
To build knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- To develop communication and language abilities of the deaf child (e.g. to teach communication through pictures, objects, alternative communication devices, use of hearing devices).
- Basic understanding of medical and clinical assessments and conditions to interpret findings.
- To assess the educational needs of children with deafness.
- To develop a team approach with families and doctors, therapists, professionals to provide the child a meaningful program.
- Knowledge of best practices in education.
- Advocate for the rights of children who are deaf.
- Understanding Government concessions and legislations provided to children with deafness.
Scope and placement opportunities
Placement opportunities to work as a teacher for deaf students:
In special schools in classes for pre-school children
In regular schools
In research projects
To be a home based instructor for school children with deafness.
Diploma Education for Deaf Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Education for Deaf for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Education for Deaf courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Education for Deaf