About the course
The short name of Otorhinolaryngology is D.L.O. The program deals with the diagnosis and treatment of head, nose, sinuses, face, throat and ear disorders. Some institute term the course as Diploma in E.N.T which is a similar course unless specified. Candidates specializing in this field are called ear, nose and throat specialist or ENT specialist. Diploma Otorhinolaryngology course is meant to produce a competent Otolaryngologist who recognizes the health requirements of ENT patients. Many candidates choose this specialization in India at the PG Diploma level.
- The basic qualification to pursue this Diploma program is a candidate who has passed M.B.B.S. examination after pursuing a study in medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have completed one year compulsory internship in an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India. Also, they should obtain permanent registration of any State Medical Council.
The duration of Diploma Otorhinolaryngology course is 2 years.
Admission of students to this Diploma program is done based on their performance in the PG medical entrance examination, which might either be state level or national level entrance examination.
Who is suitable for Diploma Otorhinolaryngology course
- The course is suitable to train students to acquire the competency of a specialist in the field so that they can become good teachers, researchers and clinicians in their specialty after completion of their training.
- He / she should be able to handle all emergencies independently.
- They should be up to date with latest innovation and development in their respective field.
- They should possess good communication and interpersonal skills as it is necessary for dealing different types of people.
- Candidates who want to go for further higher degrees in the related field are also suitable for this course.
- Those who want to go for teaching field as a lecturer or professor in both private and government medical colleges and universities after obtaining higher degree levels are also perfect for this course.
Diploma Otorhinolaryngology offers a wide range of employment opportunities in this field. ENT specialists are in great demand in many multi specialty hospitals and clinics both in India as well as abroad. These professionals can also start their own clinic if they are financially strong or they can find job placement in government run hospitals as well.
Diploma Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) courses in your preferred locations.