About the course
Pump Operator Cum Mechanic is a pump mechanic vocational trade. In this course, candidates are taught on the topics such as how to repair machinery pumps like examining pumps for malfunctioning and to locate damage or wear and tear such as misalignment of pump shaft, damaged bearings, slippage of drive belt or need for lubrication, observe operation of pumps and feel heat and vibration of parts to detect cause of malfunctioning.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic course is that the candidates should have passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education with Science and Mathematics as a subject or its equivalent from a recognized college or university.
The duration of Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic course is 1 year divided into two semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Some more about the course
The candidates are also required to dismantle pumps and perform repairs such as repacking stuffing boxes, cleaning impellers, replacing bearings and tightening glands, using hand tools. This trade is good from job point of view as it opens good self employment opportunities along with private and government jobs.
- Students should have good physic and capacity to repair pumps such as plunger, centrifugal types, etc. according to specifications for pumping water, oil, air, etc. dismantle pumps using hand tools and examine mechanism to locate faults.
- Applicants should have quick mind and good knowledge in operating pumps as they have to guess to find faults or damages and then repair defective parts or obtain replacements, set them in position and assemble pump.
- They should have good communication skills and subjective knowledge which are good for dealing with different types of personalities.
- After passing the certification course successfully, the students can work in mechanical operating services at different places such as in crane companies, etc.
- Interested students can go for further higher degrees such as Bachelor / Diploma as they get good base at this level.
- They can also open up / run their own mechanical pump repairing shop in any potential market as the means of self employment.
Pump Operator Cum Mechanic Trade Job Types:
Pump service mechanic
Pump spare parts dealer
Pump spare parts salesman
Pump spare parts sales assistant
Dealer's service mechanic
Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Certification Pump Operator Cum Mechanic