About B.Des Knitwear Design course
It is an undergraduate course in Fashion and Interior Designing. B.Des Knitwear Design course prepare the students with the latest knowhow in the design sector. Students are exposed to the variations and techniques in the flat and circular knitting manufacturing techniques, processing and garmenting. They get an opportunity to work on state-of-the-art equipments such as computerized flat bed knitting machine. B.Des Knitwear Design course includes workshops, exhibitions, seminars and shows. This course is career originating in nature that provides self employment and many other jobs after its completion.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Des Knitwear Design course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of B.Des Knitwear Design course is about 4 years which is divided into eight semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for B.Des Knitwear Design course
- Those who want to have Master's degree and those interested in further research work can go for this course.
- They need to see new possibilities for future designs in knitting and should be able to draw inspiration from past trends.
- Fashion designers need artistic ability and originality so as to succeed in the knitting design industry.
- Candidates should be innovative and be able to perform sketching to execution.
- They should be able to work for long hours, should be hard worker and should be helpful with their colleagues during work.
Advantages or benefits of B.Des Knitwear Design course
- The course has been designed to make the candidates equipped to handle the challenges of knitted fabric and garment design, to create well round professionals and developing domestic and export markets for trading of garments.
- Candidates can pursue careers as merchandisers, designers, quality controller in the domestic and export garment units.
- Course gives the opportunity to develop their individual specialism at an advanced level, by experimentation and exploration with new approaches to Knitwear Design and Technology.
The focus of B.Des Knitwear Design is on the following areas
Understanding knitting machinery
Fabric development with different knitting forms and weights
Yarn composition and blends
Areas covered by B.Des Knitwear Design course
Sketching and illustration
B.Des Knitwear Design Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Des Knitwear Design for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Des Knitwear Design courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Des Knitwear Design