M.D Dermatology stands for Doctor of Medicine in Dermatology. Typically, M.D Dermatology is a 3 years course, the minimum eligibility for which is an M.B.B.S degree.
- The basic qualification for pursuing M.D Dermatology course is a pass degree in MBBS degree from All India Institute of Medical Sciences or any other University or equivalent qualification recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India) or any of the State Medical Council.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% is required at the level of post graduation (50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC).
- A rotating internship of 1 year is required to pursue this course.
- Most institutes prefer candidates with work experience preferably a minimum of 12 months of professional experience.
- Admission to this course is based on the candidate's performance in a relevant entrance examination.
The minimum duration of M.D Dermatology course is 3 years.
About the course
It is a postgraduate program in Dermatology. Dermatologists devote their knowledge and skills in treating medical conditions pertaining to the skin, nails and hair such as rashes, acne, eczema, skin allergies, nail infections and various skin disorders including skin cancer. They use the latest methods to conquer acute or chronic skin diseases. All Dermatologists are trained in surgical procedures but only some choose to specialize in surgery. The course also provides knowledge related to cosmetic dermatology. After obtaining postgraduate degree in M.D, one can go for further specialization in medical or surgical field.
Below are some of the primary objectives of this course:
To diagnose and manage common skin diseases, leprosy and sexually transmitted diseases
To manage efficiently all medical emergencies related to skin
To teach requisite knowledge and laboratory skills to other medical / paramedical team members
To adopt a compassionate attitude towards the patients and their families
To evaluate and initiate investigation for solving problems related to skin.
There are numerous career opportunities in the field of M.D Dermatology. A postgraduate in Dermatology can seek career options in the areas such as private and public hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and dispensaries. Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities. The remuneration is exceptionally high after completion of M.D Dermatology degree.
M.D Dermatology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D Dermatology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D Dermatology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.D Dermatology