To be a professional anthropologist, one has to qualify B.Sc Anthropology. For better career prospects, one can pursue M.Sc in Anthropology and if the candidates want to go for much higer degree courses, then they can pursue M.Phil and Ph.D in Anthropology. All major institutes in India offer B.Sc Anthropology course.
- An Anthropologist should be hard working in nature because their job demands travelling and excavating a lot.
- They should be open-minded, unbiased and should have a clear, logical and independent thinker. This quality is of utmost importance because a biased person will not be able to derive the right conclusion from their findings, research and study.
- They should have an eagerness to learn, study and gather knowledge, assess and interpret data and should have good presentation skills.
- An anthropologist will be required to write down his / her findings, so the candidates should have good written and communication skills.
- Candidates should have a high level of cultural awareness, statistical and computing techniques.
Job prospects & career options
Anthropology is a very interesting subject as it is the study of mankind, their cultures as a whole. The job prospects for Anthropology students are vast in India as well as abroad. Anthropologists have better career options in the west. They are absorbed in community development programs and public service programs as well. Anthropology offers great career prospects for those who wish to pursue it at higher level. The main areas of employment for an Anthropologist are in teaching, research and working in museums.
B.Sc. Anthropology Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc. Anthropology for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc. Anthropology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc. Anthropology