The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A Education course is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. Some colleges or universities conduct admission on the basis of merit. The minimum percentage of marks varies from institute to institute and state to state.
The minimum duration of M.A Education course is about 2 years which is further divided into four semesters and the maximum duration to complete the course is 5 years. However, the duration and semester may vary from institute to institute. M.A Education course is available in both modes, i.e. regular and correspondence and candidates can choose any mode depending as per their choice and suitability. M.A Education is basically a theoretical course which focuses on the basic knowledge of theory and practice of educational thought and processes around the discipline of education. It may, however, be noted that M.A Education is different from M.Ed Education.
Interested candidates should check their eligibility carefully before applying to M.A Education course. Some institutes conduct entrance examination for admission to their postgraduate degree and the admission is done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance test. For a candidate to be shortlisted for admission process, he / she should try to score higher marks in the entrance exam. Notification regarding the admission is published in the dailies and candidates should check it out. Candidates can collect admission forms from the respective institute’s office by paying a nominal fee. Some institutes also give the facility to apply online.
Entrance exam pattern
The entrance exam is of multiple choice objective questions. For each question, there will be four alternatives out of which only one will be a correct one.
Advantages or benefits of M.A Education course
- This course offers a wider and more inclusive understanding of education.
- After completion of M.A Education course, candidates can go for higher degree courses such as M.Phil and Ph.D Education degrees.
- This course enables the candidates to be professionals for effectively participating in different dimensions of education.
- The course meets the growing demand of experts in the fields of education planning, teaching and training at primary, secondary and tertiary level of education.
- New and emerging fields of educational administration and management also require the services of M.A Education graduates.
M.A Education Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A Education for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A Education courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.