It is a full time postgraduate course offered by many colleges and institutes in India. The course is all about learning the basics of computer science and software applications.
- The basic qualification for pursuing Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course is a Graduation degree in any discipline like Science, Commerce, Arts, engineering from any recognized college or university. B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue MCA course.
- Candidates awaiting their final year result in Graduation can also apply to this course.
- Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 course or in any one year of Graduation.
- The qualifying examination must have been passed with 50% marks (45% for SC / ST candidates).
The minimum duration of MCA course is about 3 academic years which is divided into six semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Admission in MCA course is given on the basis of all India entrance examination. Many colleges and universities in India offer admission on the basis of merit list prepared as per the marks scored in the entrance test. The entrance examination is generally based on Mathematics and Reasoning.
Skills required for MCA course
- To be a good programmer, the candidate must have a good command in programming languages such as C, C++, Java, .Net, ASP.Net, etc.
- If candidates have an interest in web designing field, then they have to focus in languages like PHP, CSS, HTML, Java Script, etc.
- If candidates want to go in networking field, then they should be skilled in SQL, Linux, etc. apart from studying subjects during the course, candidates can also get certification in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, to get good position in organization.
Career and job prospects
Lots of job opportunities are available in MCA field. The candidates can work as a junior engineer, system engineer, system administrator or a web developer.
In India, the average salary of a software developer is reasonably good. The salary depends on a number of factors like the type of working organization, skills, knowledge, experience, etc.
With good skills in programming languages, candidates can get high paying jobs in this field. After gaining sufficient experience in IT field, candidates can easily earn a handsome salary package.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.