It is a post graduate English language course. The course is such designed as to prepare the students to use and understand the English language effectively and build vocabulary. M.A English course is meant for candidates who wish to do some specialized course in English. English is the study of linguistics, literature and philosophy of the English language. The course covers the study of English literature and writings from the middle Ages to the 20th century. Lessons on almost all the best-known and best-loved writers are covered in this degree course. Being theoretical course, some institutes offer it as a part time course or distant learning course.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A English course is a Bachelor's degree with B.A / B.Sc / B.Com of minimum three years duration and from a recognized college or university.
- Another important criteria for admission to this post graduate course is that the candidate should have studied English as one of the subjects in the degree course.
Who is suitable for M.A English course
Candidates who have immense interest in English literature are most suitable for this post graduate course.
Advantages or benefits of M.A English
- M.A English graduates can find a wide range of employment opportunities in BPOs, KPOs, public relation, mass communication and entertainment field.
- M.A English degree holders can pursue their post graduate degrees in the subject of English literature and thus become eligible for the post of a teacher or a lecturer to teach the subject at various levels.
- They can run a private coaching and tuition centers or English speaking classes and the like.
Career opportunities for M.A in English
The successful candidates find ample opportunities in the areas of publishing, teaching, advertising free lancing, marketing, media, business sectors, corporate firms. Depending on the nature of the job, the candidates can take up the writing works of editing, proof reading, content writing, content developer works in the chosen fields. Editors can find jobs in publishing companies, newspaper and magazine organizations etc. English teachers can choose to work in schools, colleges and spoken English institutions, universities and as English trainers in corporate sectors to train employees in English language to enhance their skills. The candidates can further pursue higher studies in M.Phil and Ph.D
Master of Arts - English (MEG) Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Master of Arts - English (MEG) for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Master of Arts - English (MEG) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Master of Arts - English (MEG)