About Diploma Tourism Studies course
It is a 12th level travel and tourism course. This diploma course provide the learners the facility to specialize in the chosen operational areas in tourism studies while the main emphasis is give on the tourism aspects which helps them to acquire necessary skills related to travel and tourism.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Diploma Tourism Studies course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized college or university.
- Candidates can also pursue BPP (Bachelor Preparatory Program) from IGNOU after 10th class to get admission into this Diploma course.
- Some institutes offer this course on part time basis.
The minimum duration of Diploma Tourism Studies course is about one year which is divided into two semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months. The maximum time to complete this Diploma course is about four years.
Who is suitable for Diploma Tourism Studies course
- This course is suitable for those who have good knowledge of tourism, who can handle and can deal with all kinds of people, who have the ability to build a rapport and maintain good relationship between the consumers and the providers of tourism services and who have good interpersonal skills. They should also have the ability to analyze tourism in the communities it affects.
- Those candidates who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree levels both in private as well as public institutions and who want to enhance their educational qualification can go for this course.
Advantages or benefits of Diploma Tourism Studies course
- This Diploma course empowers the students to go for various tourism and its related jobs such as tour planners, reservation and counter staff, tour guides, sales and marketing staff, etc.
- Candidates can go for higher degree programs in respective subjects for becoming lecturer or professor in both private and public colleges and universities.
- They can also be given jobs in airlines, flight pursuers and airhostess, customer services, sales and marketing staff. They can also work as traffic assistance.
- Candidates can get jobs in tourism industry and they can work in India or abroad.
Employment Areas after doing Diploma Tourism Studies course
After successful completion of the course, candidates can get a job in any of the following sectors:
Government Tourism Department
Hotels and Allied Service Industries
Immigration and Customs Services
Diploma Tourism Studies Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Tourism Studies for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Tourism Studies courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Tourism Studies